Peacock Insurance can offer you expert advice, personal service and access to a wide range of specialist and competitive Motor Trade Insurance insurers.
Competitive premiums, coupled with expert advice & personal service make Peacock your perfect choice for your Motor Trade Insurance needs.
Whatever type of business you operate and however long you’ve been operating, it’s crucial that you have the best cover in place to suit your budget.
For a competitive no-obligation quote, or for further information, talk to our Specialist Motor Trade insurance team today on 02476 437 647, or alternatively request a quote online by clicking where you trade from above.
DID YOU KNOW? You could SAVE UP TO 25% by calling & allowing us to personalise your cover specific to your needs!
Policies are available for full or part-time motor traders who buy, sell or repair vehicles either from a business premises or from home.
An example of who we can arrange cover for:
- Full or part time motor traders
- With or without premises
- Multi sites
- New and used car dealerships
- Service, repair & MOT garages
- Commercial vehicle repairers
- Vehicle body shops
- Self drive hire operators
- Mobile mechanics or working from home
- Franchise and non franchise dealers
- Demonstration cover when selling a vehicle
- Cover for personal vehicles
- Rates for all age’s of driver
- Performance vehicles
- Imported vehicles
- Under 25’s
- Car Jockey Insurance
If your business type is not listed simply contact us.
We arrange cover for:
- Road Risks Insurance – To cover motor vehicles whilst being used on the public road, a legal requirement under the Road Traffic Acts.
- Material Damage Insurance – Cover to protect your buildings, contents, stock and vehicles.
- Employers Liability Insurance – Again a legal requirement when you have any employees or labour only sub contractors.
- Product, sales and servicing indemnity – Cover in respect of your legal liability for injury to third parties or damage to their property as a result of an activity carried out by your business.
- Property owner’s liability Insurance – Cover in respect of your legal liability for injury to third parties or damage to their property whilst on your premises.
Our Motor Trade Insurance team has the experience needed to ensure you receive the latest information and cover for your business.
If you need to talk to one of our experts directly please call 02476 437 647.
- Professional, personal service with experienced staff
- Motor trader insurance experts
- New Venture, New Start up, New Business
- Competitive premiums from our panel of leading Motor trade insurers
- Cover for one man bands to national companies
- Introductory discounts available for new ventures and those people without or little ‘No Claims Bonus’
- Cover for young drivers aged 21,22,23,24 and 25 year olds
- Cover for convicted drivers
- Cover for drivers with an adverse claims history
- Cover for all vehicle types
- Monthly Instalments
Want to know more about Motor Trade Insurance? If so, read on
There are many diverse businesses which operate under the umbrella term of Motor Trade within which are even more risks associated than a typical commercial insurance policy due to increased possibilities of an event such as fire due to fuel and theft due to the value of equipment and stock.
Whether you are in the business of vehicle sales, servicing and mechanics, with premises or without, we at Peacock Insurance can find a policy from our panel of specialist insurers that is right for you and every eventuality you may encounter.
If you trade from home, or are a road side mechanic, a cheaper road risks only policy is adequate for you. With cover for named drivers; social, domestic and pleasure included for spouses, even demonstration cover for potential purchasers, we can arrange a policy to suit your needs. Private car no claims bonus may also be taken into consideration.
Larger organisations need a far more comprehensive policy which We can arrange through specialist insurers such as AXA and NIG.
Typical policy features would, as well as road risks include:-
- Material damage
- Public liability, servicing and sale of goods
- Employers liability
Additional optional policy features include:-
- Business Interruption
- Selected all risks
- Goods in Transit
- Engineering Inspection Cover
- Group Personal Accident and Sickness
- Commercial Legal Expenses
- Theft by Employees
- Deterioration of Stock
- Computer breakdown
Some useful tips for insuring your business:-
1 – You may reduce your premiums significantly if you have good risk management systems in place. Surveys may be carried out on your premises to advise on risk management with regard to potential dangers such as fire from fuel oils not being stored correctly and safely e.g. near a location where welding or cutting is taking place.
2 – A written health and safety policy is vital for the wellbeing of you and your employees. You may well be trading illegally if this is not the case.
3 – Always consider very carefully your sums insured e.g. under the material damages section of your policy. If you are insured for £100,000 worth of stock and you have a fire at a time when you will be carrying a lot more stock, you will only be paid out for the sum insured. Remember it is far better to be over insured rather than under insured.
4 – It is worth remembering that different insurers’ policies vary in cover, sums insured and exclusions etc. Some insurers cover as standard risks that are an optional extra with others. It may be worth considering requesting a policy booklet before you take the policy out to see exactly what is covered. Alternatively our knowledgeable staff can help you with this information.
5 – Consider requesting to add a voluntary excess onto the policy. This is the amount you would have to contribute in the event of a claim and is on top of any compulsory policy excess. This is another good way to reduce your insurance premium.
And finally; are you suitable for Motor Trade Insurance?
Providing you can prove that you work in the motor trade industry – whether on a full or part time basis then we can help you.
Some insurers may request proof of trading by way if receipts or invoices. There is usually a period of 14 to 28 days to provide this information after cover is incepted.
SO … For a competitive no-obligation quote, or for further information, talk to our Specialist Motor Trade insurance team today on 02476 437 647, or alternatively request a quote online.
To update your Motor Insurance, Click the Update MID Button
OUR CUSTOMERS US
SEE WHAT OTHER TYPES OF MOTOR TRADE INSURANCES WE OFFER