The property that you own is likely one of the biggest investments you’ve made or will make, more so if you’re a portfolio landlord with multiple properties. That’s why at Peacock Insurance, we strive to ensure that the correct protection is in place for all of your landlord requirements to help you get the best from your properties. Whilst landlord insurance isn’t compulsory, there may be stipulations in your mortgage agreement (should the property be mortgaged) to have specific cover if letting the property out.
Having landlord insurance also helps to remove any doubt over who is responsible for what if something were to break down or get damaged. This means that you as the landlord will never be out of pocket!
What are the benefits of Peacock Landlord Insurance?
- Large discounts for clients with let property portfolios
- Professional but personal service from our experienced staff
- Competitive premiums from our chosen panel of leading insurers
- Introductory discounts are available for new ventures
- In full
- Monthly payments
What's Covered as Standard:
- Property Owner’s Liability
- Replacement locks
- Trace & Access
- Underground pipes and drain clearance cover
- Loss of metered oil and water cover
- Additional cost of alternative accommodation and loss of rent
- Damage caused by: Fire, lightning or earthquake, explosion, riot, vandals or malicious persons, storm or flood, escape of water, impact by any aircraft or other aerial devices, leakage of fuel oil, theft or attempted theft.
Add-ons & Optional Cover:
- Malicious damage by tenants
- Accidental damage
Landlord Legal Expenses:
Landlord insurance policies are arranged by Lexelle Limited with UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE. This is administered by Ark Insurance:
- The policy covers Landlords Legal Costs & Expenses up to £50,000 for gaining possession of the property, evicting tenants/squatters and recovering rent.
- Covers defence costs in the event of an incident arising from renting your property that leads to you being prosecuted in criminal court.
- Hotel Expenses are covered up to £50.00 a day to a maximum of £1,500 for alternative accommodation, whilst trying to gain a possession order for the property to live in.
Fixed Price: £24.95
Landlord Home Emergency:
This insurance is arranged by Lexelle Limited & underwritten by UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance and administered by Ark Insurance.
- Cover: Up to £1000 per claim to a maximum of 3 claims during the period of cover
- £50 excess (a £65 call out charge will be payable in addition to the £50 policy excess if proof of a boiler service in the last 12 months cannot be provided)
- The complete breakdown of your heating system
- Plumbing and drainage problems
- Damage or failure of your external locks where you are unable to access or secure the home
- If your only toilet is broken
- Loss of power supply
- Removal or extermination of hornets, wasps, rats and mice
- Assistance to stop an emergency which has arisen from damage to the roof of the property
Fixed Price £69.95
Landlord Legal Expenses with Rent Guarantee:
This covers the same benefits as Landlord Legal Expenses plus:
- Rent Guarantee up to the amount the tenants pay (as shown on the tenancy agreement).
- Maximum of 6 month’s rent or until they gain vacant possession in this time
- Excess is 1 month’s rent but the client must be in arrears of 1 month before making claim, after issuing their legal notices
Fixed Price: £85 for up to £1000 rent per month
Property Portfolio Landlords:
The above policies will cover those in certain circumstances which include:
- A mixed portfolio of residential and commercial properties
- A block of flats
- Properties abroad
- Unoccupied properties
- Council tenants
- Asylum seekers or DSS
- Commercial property insurance such as shops, offices, factories etc.
If you have a property portfolio such as the above please contact us via telephone for a tailored quotation.
OUR CUSTOMERS US
SEE WHAT OTHER TYPES OF LANDLORD INSURANCES WE OFFER