Roofers and Roofing businesses must know the importance of being adequately insured for possible eventualities. If you require unlimited heights or to be able to work in hazardous locations we can help.
There are four main elements to consider:
1. Public Liability Insurance
is cover for eventualities which include any third party who suffers loss, damage, injury or death due to your negligence whilst carrying out activities in connection with your business. It covers the costs of legal fees, expenses and subsequent damages awarded against you. Whilst Public Liability Insurance is not a legal requirement, it is absolutely essential, and some major Contractors / Public Utilities / Town and County Councils will not permit work to start without this insurance in place. Cover normally starts at £1,000,000 rising to £2,000,000 although it has been known that certain bodies will not take on a contract unless a minimum of £5,000,000 cover is in place.
2. Employers Liability Insurance
is much the same as Public Liability Insurance but differs in so far as firstly it is a legal requirement to have this insurance in place if you employ any staff. The Health and Safety Executive has the powers to close down your business permanently if Employers, Liability is not in place. It covers any claim for loss, damage, injury or death by an employee or their family if proven that you were negligent and could have prevented their loss. Cover is normally a standard £10,000,000 indemnity limit.
3. Contract Works Insurance also known as Contractor All Risks Insurance ‘CAR’
are roughly defined as any works carried out by you in the execution of a contract incorporating materials, plant, tools, equipment, temporary works, temporary buildings, or any other property on or adjacent to the site for the purposes of those works. Basically this insures the whole site for such eventualities as fire, lightning, explosion, weight of snow, escape of water from fixed tanks etc. Cover may vary from insurer to insurer so please feel free to contact one of our advisers who will be happy to tell you just what is covered.
4. Tools Insurance
Whereas contract works may be essential for tradesmen involved with larger construction enterprises, the smaller outfit or one man band may not need such cover. However, every tradesman knows that without his tools, he is without the ability to earn a living, so it is imperative that the tools of your trade are covered for such eventualities as theft or accidental damage.
Tools cover normally has to be attached to your main business liabilities insurance, however, we are delighted to announce a new Stand Alone Tools Insurance Policy.
- £2,500 Tools cover.
- 100% Cover when left overnight in your vehicle.
- Up to £2,500 claim value for a single item.
- 100% Cover all night when working at clients premises.
In addition you will no doubt require Van Insurance at some point. And if you would like a valuable tool to help you win customers by offering them peace of mind we have a Specialist Insurance Backed Guarantee department.
For a competitive no-obligation quote, or for further information, talk to our Roofing Insurance team today on 0800 882 4626, or alternatively request a quote online today.
DID YOU KNOW? You could SAVE UP TO 25% by calling & allowing us to personalise your Roofing Insurance cover specific to your needs!
Some useful tips for all Roofers requiring insurance:
1. If you are self employed, it may be worth considering taking out some personal accident / sickness insurance. If for some reason you are unable to work, the bills still have to be paid so this insurance can give you that extra peace of mind. Please call us for more details.
2. It has been reiterated in the press recently that the word ‘rogue’, is not just a term given to poor tradesmen, but also to members of the public who refuse for whatever reason to pay for the work done. For a small business, this in itself can be nothing short of crippling, but the thought of the legal fees involved to try to reclaim this money could essentially send a business under. We can obtain policies to cover such legal fees should the worst happen.
3. Don’t forget, we at Peacock can arrange cover for all types of commercial insurance, so why not give us a call when your van, truck or fleet policies are due for renewal. Policies available via our panel of insurers for all types of trades, including those using heat. Cover is available for liability Insurance, owned or hired in plant, tools and accident sickness & unemployment cover. Policies are aimed at the sole trader or small business in the Building and Allied Trades. A No claims discount facility is also available on some policies.
If you need to talk to one of our experts directly please call 0800 882 4626 or complete our online enquiry form.
OUR CUSTOMERS US